Friday, January 11, 2013

The Rumours Are True (Aussie Open 2013)

The rumours are true. The draw is posted, the bag is packed! After years of empty promises, I will finally be attending the main event, in person along with Scott "MileValue" G., downunder.  Middle Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday lookout, [M[E[L[B|O]U]R]N]E]!

Sadly, this means I will miss the ESPN2 gang. But I'll get the full Aussie flavor, and bring it direct to you.
 
Wherever there is wifi, I'll be micro-blogging and instagramming (@JRGrimmer) or playing Words w/ Friends.


About the draw:
   Federer is seeded #2 at the bottom and faces a severe path to the Final.. Raonic, Tsonga, Murray/DelPo.  

The #1 seed (Djokovic) has a much easier route, though I do like Sam Querrey to make some noise this season.

My player to watch is Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria.

Rafa Nadal is out (due to injury). Every tennis fan knows that the tournament won't be the same without him. It will be different. I'll wear a bull logo on my cap in his honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment