Wednesday, January 25, 2012

the Generations of Tennis (Day 10)

Kei "Sweet Timing" Nishikori got swept by Murray. Murray should be as fresh as can be for the Semis... 

Likely Djokovic will be there to meet him (though no point is coming easy against Ferrer). Djoker/Murray are actually classic rivals only 7 days apart in age. A win for Murray could really legitimize him as not-just-perpetually-#4. So even though everyone is primed for Federer and Nadal, both semifinals are tremendous. Unfortunately for Murray, Novak is just moving too well. He looks untouchable. He's like playing against a computer, one that doesn't miss or let anything pass.


The generations of tennis.  Federer and Rod Laver (not the arena, the tennis great) join the ESPN2 studio.


FEDERER: I remember how happy I was when I had a chance to play Sampras, or Agassi still, and you know Moya and Henman and all these guys I knew from TV. For me that was the most exciting time of my life. To all of a sudden to stand opposite to Goran Ivanisevic, who I remember smashing racquets on TV. I'm playing him and he's smashing racquets against me. You know, that was big!

No comments:

Post a Comment